What are the features of Ansible? Ansible Tutorial
In this article, you will learn:What are the main benefits of Ansible?What are the key features of Ansible?What are the operating systems Ansible support?
What are the features of Ansible?
In this article, you will learn:
- What are the main benefits of Ansible?
- What are the key features of Ansible?
- What are the operating systems Ansible support?
What are the main features of Ansible?
The features of the ansible are:
- It is very quick and executes all the functions over SSH. It does not require any agent for the installation.
- The ansible fits in such a good way in a larger or more homogeneous infrastructure.
- The most important advantage is that it can be run through the command line without the use of configuration files for simple tasks, such as making sure a service is running, or to trigger updates or reboots.
- Ansible also has a collection of packages that can be used to manage multiple systems as well as cloud infrastructures such as Amazon EC2 and OpenStack.
What are the key features of Ansible?
- Models of the IT infrastructure in the surrounding systems are interrelated with each other, thus ensuring faster outputs.
- The libraries of modules reside on any system, without the requirement of any server, daemons, or databases.
- No additional equipment is required, so once the instance is ready you can work on it straight away.
- As no additional agents are required, it is very easy and faster to deploy.
- It uses a very simple language called playbooks. Playbooks are written in the simple plain English language.
- Ansible has the flexibility to allow user-made modules that are written in famous programming languages such as Ruby, python. It also allows adding new server-side behaviours extending ansible’s connection types through APIs.
What are the different operating systems Ansible supports?
The operating system supported by ansible:
- Linux, including CentOS, Ubuntu, and others.
- Windows and Windows Server
- OS X